Sodium metabisulfite or sodium pyrosulfite is an inorganic compound of chemical formula Na2S2O5.
The substance is sometimes referred to as disodium metabisulfite.
It is used as a disinfectant, antioxidant, and preservative agent.
Sodium and potassium metabisulfite have many major and niche uses. It is widely used for preserving food and beverages.
- In combination with sodium hydrosulfite it is used as a rust-stain remove
- It is used in photography.
- Concentrated sodium metabisulfite can be used to remove tree stumps. Some brands contain 98% sodium metabisulfite, and cause degradation of lignin in the stumps, facilitating removal.
- It is used as a bleaching agent in the production of coconut cream
- It (or liquid SO2) is commonly used as an antimicrobial and antioxidant in winemaking; bottled wine indicates its use with the label “Contains Sulfites” in the US.
- It is used as a reducing agent to break sulfide bonds in shrunken items of clothing made of natural fibres, thus allowing the garment to go back to its original shape after washing
- It is used as a SO2 source (mixed with air or oxygen) for the destruction of cyanide in commercial gold cyanidation processes.
- It is used as a SO2 source (mixed with air or oxygen) for the precipitation of elemental gold in chloroauric solutions.
- It is used in the water treatment industry to quench residual chlorine.
- It is used in tint etching iron-based metal samples for microstructural analysis.
- It is used as a fungicide for anti-microbe and mould prevention during shipping of consumer goods such as shoes and clothing. Plastic stickers and packaging containing the anhydrous, sodium metabisulfite solid active ingredient are added prior to shipping. The devices absorb moisture from the atmosphere during shipping and release low levels of sulfur dioxide.
- It is used for preserving fruit during shipping.
- It is used as a solvent in the extraction of starch from tubers, fruits and cereal crops.
- It is used as a pickling agent to treat high pressure reverse osmosis water desalination membranes for extended storage periods between uses.
Packing: 25 kg per bag
You also can take a look for other materials as link Product Ingredients Archives | The Blossom
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Share this fantastic experience with your friends !
- Let us know how it went by leaving a review, asking a question, or uploading your experience photos.
- For any enquiry , please contact us at +6019-7252660 or via whatsapp