Menthol crystals (dl-menthol)
Menthol crystals (dl-menthol) are produced through mint essential oil (mentha arvensis) extraction, the oil is quick frozen and the menthol crystallizes out.
The crystals are crystalline in form, more oblong, similar to rock crystals.
They are clear to white with a cool minty fresh odor.
- Refreshing and cooling effect on skin
- Strong fresh minty scent of peppermint
1. As local anaesthetic and analgesic. It is used in balms, creams and lotions to provide immediate relief for muscle and joint pains, minor aches and muscle sprain due to its strong stimulation on the cold sensation receptors of the skin that provides utmost cooling sensation. . It effectiveness is further enhanced by its antispasmodic property.
2. For Refreshing, Calming Effects The cooling sensation of Menthol also produces a refreshing and calming effect. Many products are incorporated with Menthol to achieve these effects to serve their respective purposes.
2.1 Oral hygiene products: mouth wash, toothpaste, breath freshening spray.
2.2 Candies, chewing gum.
2.3 Inhaler, cooling patches, rubbing/massage oil for motion sickness, fatigue, mild fever and headache.
2.4 Hair shampoos, deodorants, hair conditioners and perfumes in personal care uses.
Other name: Peppermint camphor
pCAS Number: 2216-51-5 (chiral); 89-78-1 (racemic)
You also can take a look for other ingredients as link Product Ingredients Archives | The Blossom
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Share this fantastic experience with your friends !
- Let us know how it went by leaving a review, asking a question, or uploading your experience photos.
- For any enquiry , please contact us at +6019-7252660 or via whatsapp
#MentholCrystals #dlmenthol #SoapMaking #SkincareMaking