Fennel Essential Oil
Best known for its licorice-like flavor and smell, fennel essential oil can be used internally, topically or via inhalation to improve respiratory function and digestion.
The essential oil is captured by steam distillation of the seeds of the fennel plant and is a key part of aromatherapy and holistic medicine because of its diverse benefits.
- ORIGIN : France
- SCIENTIFIC NAME : Foeniculum vulgare
- PARTS USED : Seeds
- EXTRACTION METHOD : Steam distilled
- NOTE CLASSIFICATION : Middle
- AROMA : Sweet, almost peppery, earthy
As mentioned above, the biochemical agents in fennel oil are among some of the most potent.
This allows for health benefits like aiding digestion, removing toxic buildup in the blood, and relaxing muscles.
Some of benefits include:
1. Speed Up Healing of Wounds
- A number of the biochemical compounds in fennel oil contribute its antiseptic properties.
- These properties are beneficial when fennel oil is applied topically to a wound, cleaning and protecting it from infection.
2. Alleviates Spasms
- Spasms are unwanted, uncontrolled, and abnormal contractions that occur in soft tissue throughout the body.
- Fennel oil begins working upon contact, relaxing nerves and muscles.
- It doesn’t just calm down current spasmodic attacks but helps prevent future ones.
3. Menstruation Regulation
- Not only does help in regulating the menstrual cycle, but it also can also alleviate premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms.
- Fennel oil provides relief for headaches, cramps, dizziness, and mood swings.
4. Alleviate Stress and Anxiety
- Aromatic through a diffuser can be used for managing stress or reducing anxiety.
- The oil can also be used for relaxing after a long day and is known to improve mental clarity and focus.
BLENDS WELL WITH :
- Bergamot, cypress, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, Sweet orange, pine, rosemary, ylang ylang
You also can take a look for other Essential Oil as link Product Ingredients Archives | The Blossom